Projects and Experience
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) Dallas, Texas - Cotton Belt Corridor EIS Ridership Advisor. DTC is a member of the URS Consultant Team providing over site and guidance on the generation and interpretation of ridership estimates for this EIS.
- Transportation Research Board/ National Academy of Sciences - Travel Forecasting Resource Development TRB Staff Extension. DTC is working with TRB Staff and Committees to develop an online travel demand forecasting resource. Stemming from findings in TRB Special Report 288, the goal is to establish the premier web based resource for all things related to travel demand forecasting.
- The T (Fort Worth Transportation Authority) Fort Worth, Texas - TEX Rail AA/EIS/New Starts Analysis Planning Task Leader. FWTA is developing a commuter rail corridor to provide service from southwest Fort Worth to DFW Airport. DTC is a URS consultant team member, leading the planning task, providing ridership analysis, New Starts analysis and working with the local MPO to develop the Model Methodology Report for FTA consideration. Extensive communication with client, stakeholders, local/regional/federal planning partners is a critical role for DTC on this effort.
- Baltimore Metropolitan Council Baltimore, Maryland - Model Improvement Project MPO Liaison. DTC was a member of the Arizona State University Team, providing assistance with MPO model development. This work included development of training materials for use with MPO staff on the new model implementation.
- City of Fort Worth, Texas - Fort Worth Modern Streetcar Project Ridership Task Leader. DTC was a member of the HDR Consultant team and provided ridership estimates for proposed streetcar routes throughout Fort Worth. Work included researching techniques, coordinating team efforts and estimation of ridership for opening and ultimate scenarios.
- Maricopa Association of Governments, Phoenix, Arizona - Commuter Rail Systems Study Consultant Team Member. DTC provided travel modeling assistance to this project designed to evaluate various corridors in the Phoenix area for possible future commuter rail implementation. Responsibilities included surveying peer cities and reviewing forecasts and methodologies used for the project.
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) Dallas, Texas - Regional Rail Impacts Analysis General Planning Consultant Team Member. DTC provided assistance in the analysis of DART system impacts resulting from the implementation of various regional rail lines planned over the long range horizon. Work included review of ridership results and development of impact quantification strategies.
- National Transit Institute/ Federal Transit Administration - Statewide and Metropolitan Transportation Programming Course Instructor/Content Expert. FTA utilizes NTI to develop and offer this course in Transportation Programming at various U.S. locations. DTC served as a content expert and as part of a two person instructional team teaching the course over multiple years.
- North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) Dallas/ Fort Worth, Texas - NCTCOG Mode Choice Model Update Project Consultant Team Member. NCTCOG updated the mode choice component of the Dallas Fort Worth Regional Travel Model. DTC was a member of the consultant team for this effort, providing assistance with data review, validation analysis and documentation editorial review for the project.
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) Dallas, Texas – Green Line Before and After Study GPC Team Member; Task Leader. The federally funded Green Line is newly opened for service by DART. DTC provided travel modeling assistance to DART staff on the documentation of forecasts for the “before” component of the federally required Before and After Study for this corridor. Responsibilities included review of past work, compilation of forecasts and summation of methodologies used.
- Knoxville MPO Knoxville, Tennessee - Model Update Consultant Team Member. Provided modeling assistance to the Knoxville, Tennessee Metropolitan Planning Organization through two projects: Assisting with an overall review of the travel demand forecasting process, including revised model specifications and results; and development of an off model transit analysis tool for route evaluation.
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) Dallas, Texas – CBD Model Refinements GPC Team Member; Task Leader. Provided travel modeling assistance on the refinement of the Dallas Fort Worth Regional Travel Model for use in the D2: Dallas CBD Second Alignment AA/New Starts Project. Work included coordination of data collection and model specification for CBD oriented model refinements (special events, parking and visitors).
- Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) Denton County, Texas - Rail AA/EIS Task Leader. DTC, as a URS consultant team member, provided extensive ridership analysis, assistance with travel model methodology descriptions and EIS input regarding traffic in and around stations for the Denton County Transportation Authority’s investigation of this commuter rail corridor.
- North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas - Regional Rail Corridor Study Task Leader. A member of both North Central Texas Council of Governments Regional Rail Corridor Study consultant teams, DTC provided travel demand forecasting coordination, assistance with alternatives development and evaluation and insight regarding implementation mechanisms for bringing additional rail service to the Dallas/Fort Worth Region. This project resulted in the identification of many of the regional rail corridors found today in the region’s metropolitan transportation plan.
- Michigan Department of Transportation Lansing, MI - Statewide Modeling Improvement Project Consultant Team Member. Working with Parsons Brinckerhoff, DTC responsibilities included research into state of the art modeling techniques, facilitation of a peer review panel, identification of improvements to the MDOT modeling process and development of a work plan to guide the client through data collection, model calibration and implementation.
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas - Rail Planning and Implementation Study Project Manager. Serving as an extension of Airport staff, DTC managed the development of a plan to access the Airport by regional rail. Work included project management, evaluation of alternatives, project coordination, presentations and meeting facilitation with project committees, analysis of travel forecasts and preparation of final recommendations.
- North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas - Rail Program Manager Principal Transportation Engineer. Managed a variety of NCTCOG projects including rail planning efforts for the Northwest, Southeast, Trinity Railway Express, North Crosstown and South Oak Cliff corridors. This included preparation of travel model forecasts, public involvement, development and evaluation of alternatives. Additional responsibilities included development of the rail transit component of Mobility 2010, 2010 Update, 2020 and 2025, the metropolitan transportation plans for North Central Texas; travel model updates to the Trip Distribution Model; and interim validation checks of the Mode Choice Model used by NCTCOG at that time.
MS Civil Engineering, University of Illinois, 1982
BS Civil Engineering, University of Illinois, 1981
BA Physics, Illinois Wesleyan University, 1980